Thursday, August 4, 2016

Review - Grown Alchemist Gentle Gel Facial Cleanser-Geranium Leaf, Bergamot, and Rose Bud


Hello gorgeous!

Today I would like to share a little review of one of my favourite facial cleansers, Grown Alchemist Gentle Gel Facial Cleanser - Geranium Leaf, Bergamot, and Rose Bud. I already finished the whole bottle on May, but just got a chance to write about it now. So, let’s just start it shall we?
Grown Alchemist is an Australian skincare brand. It is an organic skincare so their products are free from toxins and harmful chemicals. The products also free from animal cruelty because it’s not tested on animals. I assume that Grown Alchemist is one of the premium brands in organic skincare by looking at its way presenting the products and from how they only using the best and environment friendly ingredients, for its content and packaging, which we all know that they ain’t cheap. The packaging somehow reminds me of Aesop, another skincare brand from Australia who is also advocate natural ingredients without any harmful chemicals. 



The gel cleanser is in a dark brown PET bottle (recyclable plastic) with a pump to dispense the gel out. I always like pumps because it can dispense out the right amount of product and also more hygienic, especially in a bathroom when usually you are wet and water is literally everywhere. I usually use one pump of it on a damp palm and then rub it together to emulsify the cleanser until it forms bubble lather. Then I massage it all over my face and neck. The texture is actually not gel-ish but instead more fluid and runny like liquid cleanser. It will not make a lot of foam or bubbles, so make sure you don’t rub your palm too long to create a lot of bubbles because you will just waste more cleanser down the gutter by doing that. I noticed that they give a warning not to rub it around or on the eyes, but I usually just lather it to every part of my face including my eyes because I want to clean any makeup left on it. My eyes seem to be just fine up until now.  



Let’s talk about the experience it brought me. Grown Alchemist Gentle Gel Facial Cleanser - Geranium Leaf, Bergamot, and Rose Bud has every ingredients that I love. It has Geranium, Bergamot, and Rose Bud, which makes this facial cleanser, smells heavenly. The cleanser promises to soothe and calm your skin (especially the sensitive ones). I found it indeed soothed my skin and definitely not leaving my skin feels tight afterwards. My skin still feels soft and has enough moisture after I cleanse it. I have to admit that since I started using this facial cleanser, washing my face is my most favourite thing to do in the bathroom. As you can see on the ingredients list, Grown Alchemist does not add any added perfume to the cleanser. The scent that you will smell from the product is truly coming from the natural ingredients. I’m so in love with the scent that I usually took a long deep breath several times while I’m massaging my face so I could inhale all the goodness that the cleanser has. It felt so refreshing yet calming and soothing. I’m utterly sad when I finally finished my last drop of cleanser. There goes my slice of heaven in the bathroom boo hoo hoo *crying on the corner

Unfortunately all finer things come with a price. Grown Alchemist Gentle Gel Facial Cleanser is the most expensive facial cleanser I ever had. I haven’t had the heart to scrape around 40 AUD out of my pocket for 200ml facial cleanser. I’m definitely lucky that I got the chance to try this lovely product for free because I got mine from winning an Instagram contest held by Benscrub on February. Thank you Benscrub for the prize! You can check their website for more skincare products from Grown Alchemist and other Australian brands. 

When you have a good experience with one product from one brand, you surely want to try another product from that brand. Looking my delightful experience with Grown Alchemist, I'm definitely up to try more of their products in the future. Have you tried any of Grown Alchemist products before? Which product that works well on you? Please share your experience on the comment below so it can help me decide which product that I need to try next :)

Cheers,
Stef

No comments:

Post a Comment