Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet


Chanel is one beauty brand that can make its fan going head over heels for their products. One of them is the foundation. Many people have been raving for their foundation. It took me a long time to finally get one because actually I’m not a foundation person. For some reasons, my skin tends to breakout whenever I wear foundation daily. Thank God for BB and CC cream, my complexion is saved. That is why, I don’t have a lot of foundations and rather picky in picking out one. Usually I will be wearing foundation for 2-3 days and the rotate it with BB or CC cream to prevent breakout.

I have always wanted to try Chanel foundation since years ago and had been in dilemma in which foundation to choose. I finally landed my choice to Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet. I picked shade 20 Beige for my yellow undertone. I love this foundation because of its lightweight texture. The fluid consistency is a bit runny because of its lightweight texture, and when you applied it to your face it will instantly blends with your skin. Then, it will set and leaves you with a smooth matte finish. It felt velvety too, just like its name. The formula is oil free so this is a wonderful foundation for you who have combination or oily skin. The coverage is light but I think you can build it up a little bit more without makes it cakey. I do prefer a natural coverage foundation that is why I’m in love with this foundation. It only covered 80% the redness of my skin and my eye bag but I like how it covers and smoothen my pores. The formula also contains SPF 15 broad spectrum sun protection to help you fight the sun exposure (it’s not enough for me though, you know how vicious our sun is). 




As usual I set it with Laneige or Shu Uemura Loose Powder and it held for 6 hours before I need to blot or retouch. 4 hours if I wear a non oil free sunscreen under it. Sometimes I will just leave it unblotted because the shine is actually not that bad. It gave me a decent glow to hang on for some more hours before I really have to blot or wash it all away at the end of the day. I might want to try to set it using only Guerlain Meteorites and see how long it will stay put and if it’s going to create a luminous look *noted to self*
On the picture below, I did not set it with any powder or any concealer yet. The look is only using the foundation. You can see that even though its matte finish, but it did not look super matte and powdery.



The packaging is similar to Vitalumiere Aqua, made of plastic with black color all over it. I love how sleek and classy it looked. However, I need to wipe it every time after I use it because the packaging will usually smeared by my fingerprints. 


All in all, this is a fantastic foundation for you who like natural coverage which lightweight, without worrying that it will weigh your skin down. The result is a perfect matte with a smooth velvety complexion to brazen your daily busy day.
What is your go to daily foundation? Please do share with me 

Cheers,
Stef

No comments:

Post a Comment