Saturday, December 12, 2015

Review - Three Ultimate Protective Pristine Primer and Three Flawless Ethereal Fluid Foundation

Hello gorgeous!
Today I’m going to give you a review about my current favorite primer and foundation. It’s Three Cosmetics, a Japanese brand that is well known for using organic botanical oils in its products. I knew this brand for quite some time since I was in Bangkok and heard many good things about it. So naturally, I was so excited when they opened their counter in Indonesia at Central Department Store, Grand Indonesia.




I got myself the infamous combo of Ultimate Protective Pristine Primer and Flawless Ethereal Fluid Foundation. It is a purchase that I don’t regret because it worth every penny that I spent on them. Let’s go to the review, starting with the packaging because both of them have similar bottle. 




The packaging is frosted glass bottle with a white pump to dispense the products out. It has a dark gray cap made of matte plastic. While it looks good, but it gets easily smudged by the leftover makeup on your hand after you applied the product. The frosted glass is great though, it gives you the luxurious feel whenever you look or touch them. The whole design of it is minimalist which aligned with Three Cosmetics concept, minimalist and natural. The pump works well too in dispensing the product. I usually need 2 pumps each for primer and foundation to covers my face and neck areas.



Both the primer and foundation are 80% made from naturally derived ingredients and contain Inca inchi (Plukenetia volubilis) oil, Camellia oleifera seed oil, Argania spinosa kernel oil, jojoba oil, evening primrose (Oenothera biennis) oil, rosehip oil, shea butter, beeswax. Those ingredients mostly are organic certified too. They have no scent and free from parabens, synthetic perfumes, animal-derived ingredients, and mineral oils. As for sun protection, these babies have pretty high amount of sun protection than the other primer or foundation on the market. The primer has SPF32+++ UV protection and the foundation has SPF36+++ UV Protection. Since it’s made mostly from natural ingredients, I supposed Three Cosmetics is safe for you who have sensitive skin. In my experience using these two, I never experience any breakouts or acne at all.




Now, we will go on to the individual review. I will start with Three Ultimate Protective Pristine Primer.
They have two type of primer, the Glow and Translucent. I chose the Glow because it said that it will give my skin a glowy yet natural finish. The primer will help to alleviate the dullness on my skin too. The texture is a little bit gel-ish and even the shade is beige, it will adjust to your skin tone after you applied it to your face only leaving a hint of beige on the skin which might be helping to remove the dullness from your skin. The texture is lightweight too and it glides easily on my skin. It reminds me to Laura Mercier Foundation Primer except Three Pristine Primer is a tad thicker. But the funny thing is my skin seems to absorb it easier than Laura Mercier one. Three Ultimate Protective Pristine Primer gives me a good layer of well moisturized and plumped skin to receive coverage from foundation while helping my makeup to stay longer. On the picture below, you could see that the primer creates a layer of glowy canvas on your skin.


Left : Not blended. Right : Blended
The next one is Three Flawless Ethereal Fluid Foundation. The texture is not as gel-ish the primer, but it is a lightweight foundation. It glides smoothly on your face and immediately gives a smooth and natural finish to your skin. The coverage is light to medium, so if you wanted more coverage, you will need an extra layer of concealer to hide your spots and scars. I find it covers the redness on my face quite well and I love how natural the finish is. It’s perfect for that no makeup look because it gives your skin enough coverage to even out your skin tone while it gives the glow that you need. Use it with Three Ultimate Protective Pristine Primer to get the most result. The foundation last on me up to 12 hours if I use it with the primer and around 5-6 hours before I have to blot my face. I love how the primer and foundation did not dry my face but do not make it oily. It’s just the perfect balance. On the picture below, you could see that the foundation sink well on my skin and the finish is so natural like my own skin. Understand what I meant before when I said I'm totally in love with its finish?

Left : Not blended. Right : Blended

All in all, both products are extremely amazing. It has good quality ingredients and delivers wonderful result. Definitely putting them on my all time favorite base makeup products. These two has become my number one choice if I want to achieve a flawless yet natural look. Three Cosmetics also have other products that I wanted to try, such as their cleansing oil, lipstick, and eyeliner. Gahhhh so many products but only one face. The struggle of a makeup junkie is never ending hahaha..


Have you tried Three Cosmetics products before? Please share your experience down here on the comment box if you have tried them before. Have a great weekend, gorgeous people!


Cheers,
 

Stef

2 comments:

  1. Hi, may I know how much is the price of both products in rupiah? I really interested with this. Thanks for your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought it when they have a discount, 790k IDR for both. A very good deal. The normal price for Primer is around 500k IDR and the Foundation is around 600k IDR. Sorry I couldn't remember the exact price. Hope this helps :)

      Delete