Friday, July 3, 2015

Beauty Story Sweet and Chic Lipstick & Nail Polish


Welcome to review part II of Beauty Story products. This time, I am going to talk more about their lipsticks and nail polishes. 

The sweet and chic lipstick comes in 8 shades. For swatches of the colors, you can check them in my previous post here. At first, I only had Rose, but then I was looking for nude lipstick and came upon Samantha, which I adore so much, and let me tell you why..




The lipstick is a total catch. It is moisturizing, glides effortlessly on my lips, and has a good pigmentation. It is enriched with vitamin E and lip conditioning hydrators, so it will not make your lips dry. My lips are easily dry and sometimes chapped, but this lipstick can handle it well. When I wear it, it doesn’t worsen my lip condition. I always keep one in my beauty pouch. 

Rose is the coral pink color with a little tinge of orange in it that will brighten up your face instantly. This has become one of my go to lipstick when I don’t have a lot of time to do my makeup, because I know this sweetie will save me and not disappoint me.
Samantha on the other hand is the pinkish nude color that so versatile. You can apply it when you don’t feel like showing off your makeup too much or you can wear it when you want to flaunt your natural makeup. 




The staying power is not too bad, around 4 hours if you don’t eat. I like how when it fades, it still leaves soft pigmentation on my lips. It has vanilla scent when you apply it on the lips, but the scent doesn’t linger too long and I usually don’t notice it after 5 minutes. Vanilla scented lipstick seemed to be around a lot lately, don’t you think? Tom Ford has it, Marc Jacobs has it, and Beauty Story has it.
Unlike some designer brands, or any premium brands lipstick, the price of this lipstick is unbelievably affordable. I think I will indulge a little bit and collect them all hahaha..

Nails nails oh pretty nails.. We could not left the nails out, don’t we? Well, Beauty Story offers 12 shades of mini size nail polishes to choose to play with. They also had a base coat and top coat. I chose Minty and Crissa because I thought the colors fits to welcome the spring season (I told you this is a very late post). 




The size of the bottle is pretty small which explains why the price is also very affordable. This again, another reason to just go buy and bring them all home. The color is wonderful and it dries pretty quickly. For the lighter color, I think you need to apply two coats or else it will be a bit streaky. On the picture, I wore two coats of Minty and one coat of Crissa on top of it. 



The biggest plus point for the nail polish is it’s a 5 free nail polish, means it is formulated free from Dibutyl Phthalate, Toluene, Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde Resin, and Camphor. So, it is very safe to use.

I really enjoy playing with Beauty Story products and definitely a brand that I will repurchase and would recommend to my friends and family. Have you tried them? If yes, please let me know what is your opinion about it. You can find them at Watsons or Dan Dan outlets. They also provide online shopping on their website, www.mybeautystory.com (free shipping for purchase above 100.000 IDR). Thank you for reading my review :)

Cheers,
Stef


No comments:

Post a Comment