Friday, June 10, 2016

Wanderlust



Today I would like to start sharing something different in my blog. I know that this is a beauty blog and I’m supposed to only post things about beauty. But I’ve been thinking lately to expand my blogpost to include my love for travelling. I had another blog before this (but I already deleted it when I started this blog) and I mainly wrote about my family’s daily life and our holidays. Then why I deleted it? Well, at that time, I thought that I might expose my family a lot in virtual world by writing mainly about our daily tidbits. I’m worried that people will use the things they find in my blog up for something that is not good and harm my family. I also wanted to focus on writing about beauty so I finally decided to delete it and made a new blog. 

But now, I have that itch to share my travelling experience again and decided to complement this beauty blog with travel stories. So, I talked to my hubby about it and he said that I should go for it with one condition. He asked me to not lose focus on what holiday is supposed to be and do not let ‘work’ interferes with the quality time we have during holiday. In short, don’t be too busy taking too many pictures, it annoys him hahaha. I also promised him that I will post less family tidbits on my blog to keep our privacy. 

I saw that a lot of bloggers actually doing it too, having more than one theme in their blog, for example food and lifestyle blogger, beauty and lifestyle blogger, or beauty and family blogger. I supposed when you still can find the red line between the two topics and able to connect them well, having more than one theme in your blog is an okay thing to do. I will still talking mainly about beauty and its marvellous wonder in my blog (beauty world is a mad world, people!), but occasionally you will find my travelling stories too here. 

My husband and I love to travel. It is always exciting to go to new places (or recurring places to try new spots) and explore new things. My travelling type is definitely not a backpacking type since I usually travel with my family (children involved) so, comfort and safety are my priority. We don’t want the lil’ one (or the big one) to be cranky and ruin the holiday mood hahaha.. Besides, my definition of a holiday and travelling is not only about the quantity of places you go, but whether you can have a full and pleasant experience while you are at your destination. Please note that the things that I will share here don’t have any intention to offend or to tell other people, who might have the different perception of travelling, has been doing it the wrong way. My goal is simply to share the things that I enjoyed and hoping that it can inform and inspire people who read it.

Why now?
Well the last two years, we haven’t had a lot of opportunity to travel more. On 2014 we were busy moving our life back from Bangkok to Jakarta, settling ourselves back to the hustle and bustle of this city. And on 2015, we decided that it is time for us to have our own house, so there went all the money from our savings to buy and decorate our nest. But, hopefully we can start planning to travel more now.

What is your travelling plan this year?
Since 2016 is 6 months left, for this year we haven’t plan anything too far away from home, but definitely around South East Asia and maybe one or two spots in Indonesia. My mom has been recommending Bangka Belitung island a lot lately. Well, with those pristine beaches they have, I don’t think I could say no to it. I’m a beach person and the combination of sun, water, and good seafood is hard to resist hahaha..

I hope this decision is going to enrich my experience as a blogger as well as being able to give the best for all of my readers. I just thought that I wanted to share to you the reason behind the changes that my blog will have in the future so you will not be confused with the sudden posts of travel stories in it.

Do any of you here love to travel too? Or do you have a blog that talks about more than one theme? Are you a travel blogger? Please leave a comment below so I could check out your blog.

Cheers,
Stef

No comments:

Post a Comment