Thursday, March 5, 2015

Tom Ford - Indian Rose



Who doesn’t know Tom Ford? The amazing and oh so handsome designer for Gucci and then YSL and finally launched his own fashion and beauty label, Tom Ford. The success in fashion brought him to venture into beauty industry and launched his cosmetics line in 2005. This collaboration with Estee Lauder becoming the epitome of a luxurious beauty product. With its sleek and luxurious packaging, Tom Ford easily captures the heart of many beauty enthusiasts. They also offered fragrance line that I drool over a lot but still keep it in my wish list because the price is preeetyyyy steep. I adore the scent of Cafe Rose and Rive D’Ambre.

In this review, I finally got my hands on Tom Ford lipstick. Something that I wanted to try because of the rave from many beauty bloggers. Those beautiful pictures and marvelous swatches really tempted me in wanting it even more. I was hesitating because it is very expensive for a lipstick (the price is 50 USD each). Not to mention that Tom Ford is not available in Indonesia, so if I wanted to get it, means I have to buy it from a personal buyer (Pre Order) and it will cost me ranging from 700k-780k IDR. So I thought I would just wait until someone I know would kindly enough to bring it from the USA. Remember my last post about my USA haul? That’s when I finally have the courage to click the buy button on my laptop and put the lipstick in my shopping cart. 



I was thrilled when I unboxed the lipstick. It is really gorgeous, the packaging is sturdy, and so elegant. It has Tom Ford logo embossed on the top of the cap. The lipstick itself also a beauty with another Tom Ford logo embossed on it. I chose Indian Rose because I was looking for a kind of nude lipstick that can goes with everything and that is what Indian Rose gives me. The shade envelopes my lips with a lovely color, demure but not boring. The color is pigmented; I only need maximum 2 swipes for a full coverage. It glides pretty easily and it has a satiny slight shimmery finish which I love. The color is dusty rose with a very slight mauve tint in it. It is my lips but better (MLBB) lipstick.


Did you know that the case color can look like this when a sunlight shines on it?
There is a minus point though.. The scent of the lipstick. I dislike the waxy plasticy scent from it. That is quite a turn off for me because the lipstick will stay on your lips all day and I don’t like to smell it all day. It is not too overwhelming, I know, but it just not my favorite part of the lipstick. I wonder if the other lipsticks also smell like that, their Lip Shine or even the lipsticks from the Lips and Boys collection. 



In the ingredients list, I saw soya seed extract, Brazilian murumuru butter, chamomilla flower oil, and shea butter. Soya seed extract and shea butter help to retain moisture and hydrate the lips. As for Brazillian murumuru butter, its benefits include helping to restore elasticity to damaged and aging skin and help to soothe dry and cracked skin. Chamomile is also known can soothe your skin. As the result, the lipstick is not drying and keep my lips hydrated for at least 3-4 hours or until it fades away. The staying power on me last around that hours too. Reapplying is easy and did not make your lips looked chapped or dry.

Below is the swatches of the lipstick and how it looked on my FOTD. Overall I am happy with this lipstick. I would think twice to buy more because of the price and its availability, even though I am so tempted to buy the Lips and Boys. Patrick, Matthew, and Alejandro keep on calling my name every time I come across them on the net hahaha.. 



Have you tried Tom Ford Lipstick? What do you think about it? And which is your favorite shade?

Cheers,
Stef

No comments:

Post a Comment