Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Sariayu Masker Beras Putih



Happy Independence Day Indonesia!! It has been 70 years and I wish that our country will be able to keep on thriving for the best. I am hoping to see more and more development, not only in physically but also mentally. Let us all pray every day for the betterment of our country.

In the spirit of Independence Day, I will dedicate some of my blog posts in this month for reviewing and sharing my love for local Indonesian products.
Last month, I bought several face masks to try from Sariayu. I also bought a long time favorite product, Peeling Mundisari from Mustika Ratu, a face and body scrub that works wonders since I was a teenager. It has been a long time since I tried them and would love to share my experience with all of you.




The first product that I am going to review today is the Masker Beras Putih from Sariayu.
Sariayu is one of the prominent local beauty brands in Indonesia that was launched in 1977 by DR. Martha Tilaar, one of many inspiring women in Indonesia. Inspired by local wisdom and natural resources, they aim to make all women look completely beautiful in natural way.



Masker Beras Putih is a whitening face mask and contains lemon peel extract, known to its ability to brighten your complexion. I chose this one first to try as I am still in my effort to reduce the post acne spots on my face that suffered from a breakout a month ago.

The mask is in powder form and you have to mix it up with water or rose water and create a paste with it. I chose to mix it with rose water and bought myself a bottle of Sari Air Mawar Putih for this purpose. The rose water smells heavenly and so fresh. I put some of it in a little spray bottle and spritz it on my face if I needed a pick me up refreshment. 



Anyway, back to the mask. The powder is white with a little bit of yellow tinge.
The smell is a bit pungent but once you mix it with the rose water, it will not be that bad.
At first, I planned to only use half of the package because my face is small and I thought one package will be too much. But then I decided to pour the whole package to the plate and pamper my neck area too.

After the paste is formed, I applied the mask to my face. If you have a mask or foundation brush, you can apply it with that. I used my fingers to apply it because I don’t have either of them. As you can see, the application using fingers is a bit splotchy. I am pretty sure brush application will give more even and well distributed mask on your face hahaha..


My face felt cool when I applied the mask and I let it sit on my face for a good 15 mins. At the first 5-7 mins, I felt a stinging sensation on my face, I thought maybe because of the lemon peel extract. But afterwards, the feeling is gone and only leaves the cool sensation.

I cleaned my face with a warm damp face towel and did not use facial wash again afterwards. Make sure that you really clean your face because you don’t want the mask to clog your pore. I proceeded by applying my usual skincare routine.

Unlike my experience of SK II Whitening mask, the result was not that significant. Maybe because most of the ingredients are also natural, so it will take more time to show real results. I supposed regular usage will show better result. Even though it did not instantly make my face brighter but it did make my face looked fresher.

Have you tried one of those masks? The next one I’m going to review is the Red Rice Mask or Masker Beras Merah (of course I have to inline with the Red and White theme just like our flag hehehe). So, stay tune and thank you for reading, gorgeous!

To know more about Sariayu, you can check one of their social media:
Website :     www.sariayu.com
Facebook :  www.facebook.com/sariayu.MT
Twitter :       @sariayu_MT
Instagram :   @sariayu_MT

Cheers,
Stef


2 comments:

  1. Masker serbuk gini rada ribet sih untuk aplikasinya,tp lebih hemat drpada masker peel off atau sheet mask :D *edisi hemat.

    kawaii-diary98.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iya betul, mesti aduk2 dulu berasa bikin semen hihihi.. Selain hemat, lebih ramah lingkungan juga ya sebenernya :)

      Delete