Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Urban Decay Naked On The Run Palette



Who doesn’t know about Urban Decay especially their Naked line? 
I bet many of you swear on their Naked palette as your HG and never can go wrong makeup palette. I read so many reviews about those palettes and really wanted to get one for myself, but I still haven’t been able to make up my mind on which palette that I want to purchase until this day. Then, comes along this Naked On The Run palette.



I bought it for quite some time ago but haven’t got the time to do a full review for it. The palette is definitely a must have for every make up lover because it is so pretty and versatile. I love travelling palette that usually consists of eye shadows and blush on. I have Stila Chocolate palette that I like so much because it consists of 3 neutral eye shadows (light shimmery beige, copper gold, and deep dark chocolate) and a shimmery peachy pink blush. I always carry it every time I travel, especially when I just need to travel for 2-3 days and doesn’t need to carry too many make up products or when I just want a simple and fast good to go look. So when I saw Naked On The Run palette, I instantly fell in love. I. Must. Have. It. 


The palette is encased in a quite sturdy plastic case with rose gold color. The overlay on top of the case is an abstract look which I find really cool. My pictures do not do them justice, you have to see them in real life, and it’s amazing how the color seems to have that holographic effect. At the back of the case, they put the names of the shades and you can also see the pictures of what’s inside the case on the outer box packaging. Unfortunately, the NAKED writing on the case is easily scratched and loses its color. If you wanted to keep it neat, then try not to stack anything above the palette. 




The palette consists of: one travel size Perversion mascara, one full size Naked Ultra Nourishing Gloss (Sesso), one travel size 24/7 Eye Pencil (Stag), a bronzer, a blush, five eye shadows, and one extra large all over shade shadow. 


Let’s start by looking at the eye shadows.


These are six never before seen shades from Urban Decay that is so versatile because you can use them to create a natural look or even glam it up with smoky eyes. I will try to explain the shades as best as I could here.
Dive : a light rosy gold shade with a sparkly finish. You might experience a little bit fall off when you apply the shade. Try to tap and press it to your lids rather than swipe your brush back and forth to prevent more fall off.
Fix : a dusty light brown with matte finish.
Resist : a medium taupe brown with sheen finish. My favorite color of them all.
Dare : a medium dark grayish brown with matte finish. My second favorite for my daily look.
Stun : a golden dark bronze with sparkly finish. I think it look amazing for night look but same case as Dive, you should be a little bit cautious when applying it to your lid because it fall off slightly.
5050 : a light beige with soft pearly finish. I mostly use this one for highlighting the parts of my face like nose bridge, cheekbones, and brow bones.

All the shadows texture is buttery, soft, and pigmented. None of them has chunky glitters or bad fall off when applied on the lid. They are easy to blend too! 

 
Next one is the Bronzer and blush. The bronzer is warm golden brown color with matte finish. I have to be very light-handed when I apply it because the color is pigmented. The bronze falls on the orange side on my skin, so if I’m not careful, I could end up with orange splotch on my face.

The blush is a medium bright pink with a shimmer finish. I have to be light-handed too when applying it because it is so pigmented. When you do, it will give you pretty pinkish cheeks.

On the swatch, I tried to show you the colors by blending them out. The outer left is how it looks if you combine both shades together equally. 


The Naked Ultra Nourishing Gloss in Sesso is encased in a rose gold tube with NAKED imprinted on the tube. I adore the packaging, it is so pretty! Sesso is medium rose color with gleaming shimmer. In the tube the color looks opaque but when it is applied on the lips, it’s really sheer; a sheen of rose color. The lipgloss is not sticky and the texture is not too thick, but it gives beautiful shine on the lips. I usually use it on top of my lipstick with the similar or deeper color. But if you wanted to achieve the naked look, you can also wear it alone without lipstick. 



Stag, has been my go to liner for every day wear now. The pencil is soft and creamy; makes it easy to draw your lines. Stag is a deep dark brown color that fits for everyday use. I always prefer dark brown liners when it comes to daily look because somehow I felt black liners is too fierce hehehe..  It is waterproof and the smudge is minimal. It usually last on me 8-10 hours depends on where I go or the weather that day. 

The Perversion mascara.. hmmm.. I chose to talk about it last because this is my least favorite part of the palette. First, let me tell you what kind of lashes I have. I have medium long lashes but they are straight and pointing down. My eyelash curler is my savior and afterwards, I will top it with a coat of mascara to give them volume and help them to stay curled up. But, unfortunately not all mascara works on my lashes because the wrong mascara will make my super lashes droop down again. Well, Perversion is one of those mascaras. 10 seconds after I applied it on my lashes, they started to wilt down and did not stay curled. Did it disappoint me? Yes, it did, but I know that my lashes are just picky. Due to that, I never really excited on trying new mascara and always going back to my trustworthy mascaras again (will talk about it more on other post). Aside from my picky eyelashes, perversion mascara claimed to be lengthening and volumizing your lashes without ever make it britty or clumped. 



Here is the look that I made by using the palette (minus the mascara). I was using 3 shades of the eye shadow and only put one coat of the gloss without any lipstick on. 




First, I apply Dare on half of my lids and then topped it with Resist. Highlighted my brow bone and my under eye with 5050 and dab a little Dive on the inner corner of the eyes. I used Stag to line my eyes but not using Perversion in this look. As for cheeks, I lightly swiped it with the pink blush and then applied the bronzer to sculpt it a bit under the cheekbones. Unfortunately, the color does not really show here. 


If you wanted a bolder look, you can create smoky eyes by using Resist and Stun and add more liner to your eyes.

I personally think that the palette will be perfect if it comes with a travel size brushes. So, it is going to be all we need in one case. Despite that, I still like the palette and did not regret buying it at all. Tell me what do you think of it and do share your favorite on the run palette.

Cheers,
Stefi




4 comments:

  1. love it! btw, where you bought those palette? sephora kah?

    http://vivaciousminimalist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered it through PO on one of the online shops. Got a pretty bad price at that time because I was in a hurry ordering it because UD said its a limited edition palette before, so I just have to have it before its gone. But I did not regret it though hahaha Thank you for reading my review :)

      Delete
  2. my wishlist <3

    http://beauty-redemption.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was love at first sight! It's so pretty! :D
      Thank you for reading!

      Delete