Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Review - Beauty Box Urban Lips Manhattan

Hello gorgeous! How are you today? Hope that you had a great weekend and all charged up to thrive on the upcoming week. I had a pretty lazy weekend and I blame for the weather, the gloomy rainy weather which made me just wanna curl up in my bed. I was not feeling well too last weekend but nothing serious though, I guess just a bug messing with my throat. I feel all better now after boosting my body with a lot of liquid and vitamins. So now, I’m ready to give you my review on a spanking brand new lipstick in town, BeautyBox Urban Lips Lipstick. Beauty Box just launched this last month and you can find it on your nearest Beauty Box counter or on Sociolla website.


Beauty Box Urban Lips is a locally made lipstick by Beauty Box. I got mine from Sociolla as one of the gifts for winning the Sociolla Halloween Spooktacular make up competition last week. I was so excited to find this lipstick between the other items in the box because I saw the pictures of Urban Lips launching from the other beauty blogger and I have a crush on its colors! They look really good on the lips and the colors are so vibrant. Without question, this lipstick is definitely the first one from the others that I will review on my blog.





Beauty Box Urban Lips comes in 11 shades from nude to deep red shade. The shade names are inspired from focal points in New York and London because Urban Lips wants to bring the big cities vibes to the users, which are vibrant, sophisticated, and fabulous. My Urban Lips comes in shade Manhattan, a red shade with neutral undertone. 






The coolest part of the lipstick is the box packaging. I adore those city landmarks silhouette! It looks so edgy and chic. The bullet is chubbier than the other lipsticks that I own, and shorter too. The texture when you apply the lipstick is a bit creamy but not long after the application on the lips, the finish look is matte. It doesn’t feel velvety matte like Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Lipstick, but I like Urban Lips too because it doesn’t make my lips dry. The color is pigmented but did not leave deep tint on your lips after it fades away. It stayed put beautifully on my lips for 4-5 hours without eating. 



The thing with red lipstick is they tend to bleed out to your outer lines of lips sometimes especially after you eat, drink, or talk a lot. I’m so happy to tell you that Urban Lips doesn’t bleed out on my lips. Maybe due to its matte texture too. 

Now, we get to the sad part. My Urban Lips lipstick came in a beauty box sent by Sociolla. When I opened the lipstick, everything is good, no damage on the lipstick. But then, just exactly when I pressed the lipstick to apply it to my lips, the bullet fell down! It broke on the base of the lipstick and fell down to my vanity table. I picked it up and tried to mend it but to no avail *crying in the corner*. The lipstick bullet couldn’t hold it together again. I really don’t know what happened and it is such an unfortunate thing. I got this lipstick as a gift but yet still disappointed that the lipstick is broken now. I would be even more disappointed if I purchased it on my own. But I’m not blaming anybody here, I just want to express my sadness towards what happened because I really like the lipstick. I wonder if it also happened to someone else too.

I still put the bullet in the case, but now I could only apply the lipstick using my lip brush. I could not carry the lipstick everywhere in my make up pouch because it means I have to carry my lip brush along too. And when you’re outside the house, I think it’s a bit of hassle if you have to reapply your lipstick using lip brush.

Well, that’s the end of my review. Overall, this is a good lipstick, long wear, and the color is lovely. Are you ready to rock your city girl vibe? Have you tried them? Let me know what you think about Beauty Box Urban Lips.
Stay tune on my blog for other products review that I got from Sociolla.

Cheers,

Stef

2 comments: