Thursday, January 14, 2016

Review - GlamGlow ThirstyMud Mask

Hello gorgeous!
How is your first week of 2016? Mine is a bit slow because it was still school holiday for my son. So, I was unable to do a lot of work because every time I touch my laptop, my son's radar catches it and he will start to cling on me hahaha

I'm glad that I could squeeze a little time to write about a review on GlamGlow ThirstyMud Mask today.
It's a sample review, the one that I got from Sociolla gift box, so it might not provide you with a comprehensive review since it's a one time trial only. But at least it can give you an insight on what you are going to experience when you use GlamGlow ThirstyMud Mask.



This mask claims to be able to hydrate, moisture, restore, replenish, and calm your skin.It sounds really interesting. I was glad that I got this sample because my skin is pretty dry lately and I would love some extra hydration to bring back the suppleness to my skin.

I never use GlamGlow before and only see some pictures of people apply it to their faces. And because they name all the mask with mud at the end, I was assuming that the mask would be mudlike consistency and color. But ThirstyMud doesn't. The texture is gel like and smells like a caramel pudding. The color is light caramel brown with some black specks in it. It smells so delicious I have to restrain myself from licking it hahahaha


I applied it using my fingers, smooth it out evenly on my face and neck area. One sachet is enough for one time thick application on my face. Please note that I have a small face, so if you consider that your face is wider or bigger, you might want to apply it thinly.


After the first few minutes,my face started to feel a tingling sensation like minty feel on my skin. I wonder if it is because of the ginger extract. Unlike other mask that will dry up as the time goes by up until 15-20 mins, GlamGlow ThirstyMud will not. It stayed gel-ish and just keep doing its job hydrating my skin. It is advised after the time is finished, you just wipe off the mask from your face and let the remains sit on your skin overnight. The next morning your will wake up with a not only hydrated skin, but also better texture and glow. 

On the picture, you can see my before and after applying GlamGlow ThirstyMud. My skin looks fresher and plumped a little bit compared to the before pic. My skin feel hydrated but not too much, it did not make my face looks puffy. Due to the hype from a lot of people said about this mask, I was actually expecting more from it. But it's just it. I did not feel anything else. I did not feel that my skin is replenished nor restored or even reach that glow that they promised. So, somehow I felt kind of bummed that this mask did not deliver a significant result on my skin. Then, I thought, I would leave the mask overnight after I wiped it away and use it as a sleeping mask. Who knows, it will work its magic throughout the night and when I woke up, my skin will experiencing a better result from it. But when I woke up, my skin was not really enjoying a significant result either. 

I still love SK-II Whitening Mask more for its instant brightening and glow that it gave me before. But then again, everybody has different skin and every skincare reacts differently, right? I supposed GlamGlow ThirstyMud works just okay for my skin. The tingling sensation was fun though hahaha

Will I buy the full size? I don't think so. Will I try the other GlamGlow Mask? I would love too! They still have other types of mask such as PowerMud, SuperMud, and YouthMud. 
How's your experience with GlamGlow Mask? Please do share it with me. Which GlamGlow series that's your favorite?

Cheers,
Stef

No comments:

Post a Comment