Monday, March 7, 2016

Review - Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation

Hello gorgeous!
All of you must have heard that Make Up For Ever launched its highly anticipated Ultra HD Foundation recently. So much hype about this product and when it hit the store, I went and tried it. And let me tell you this, the hype is true. Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation has been my go to foundation for a flawless complexion lately and I even dare to say that it has become one of my holy grail products. 


It was a long time ago when I first tried MUFE HD Foundation and for me the foundation has a good coverage but still felt a bit heavy on the face. Perhaps I did not get the right shade as well before so I did not use them as much. Make Up For Ever now reformulates the HD Foundation to accommodate the development of digital era where high definition is not enough anymore, a 4k digital technology which will capture a more detailed objects and picture clarity beyond measure. The new MUFE Ultra HD Foundation is something else and this time, I made sure that I chose the right shade. At first I was a bit confused with the new coding of shades because now the improved formula has 40 shades for you to choose (amazing, yes?). Googling around a bit and I will try to help you understand the new numbering system that MUFE has.




The shades are categorised by two undertones, yellow and red, hence the Y and R letter in front of the numbers. The foundation starts with number 2 means it’s on the light shade, and number 3 is medium shade.  The bigger the number, the darker the shade. So, the first thing that you have to do is to think about your skin undertone colour, whether its red (pink) or yellow undertone. Then you go from there to choose the numbers and think about whether you are in the light or medium shade or even tan or dark. 


As for me, my skin is yellow undertone, so I will not look at the R coded foundations. Then, I consider myself in the light shade, so I start looking at the foundation with number 2 in the front starting from the smallest number which is Y225. I did have a dilemma between Y225 and Y245 because both of them seemed to look the same on my skin hahaha.. But then I decided to choose Y225, thinking that I need a foundation that could light up my complexion. Hope my explanation helps a bit. You can also check the comparison with the old HD Foundation here if you use your previous shade as guidance.



Let’s talk about the packaging, it still comes in the same cylinder glass bottle (30ml) like the previous version. It has the same pump to dispense the product out too. I personally like the packaging, it looks sleek, compact, and the cap closes tightly. The texture is lighter than the HD Foundation and it glides pretty well on the skin. The coverage is medium to high depending on how many layers you want to build on your skin. I usually never layer it for my daily look, because I find one layer is enough to enhance my skin complexion. But if I apply it for special occasions such as going to a wedding or party look, I will layer it to really achieve that flawless skin. The finish is semi matte because I still can see the glow on my skin, but if your touch it, it doesn’t feel greasy or balmy, love love it! I usually apply it with my fingers instead of sponge because sponge application somehow always makes foundation (any foundations) looks cakey on me. I have not try to apply it with brush though because I don’t have any foundation brush hehehe.. 



The foundation alone already gives a wonderful result on my skin, but I found it works really well when I apply Benefit Porefessional Primer under it. I have big pores, so any help in hiding them is highly appreciated. I tried using Hourglass and Three primer too, while the result is also great, both primers combined with MUFE Ultra HD Foundation provide a more glowy finish on my skin. Staying power is also good, it last 8 hours without primer and 10-12 hours with primer on me. The only minus point is it doesn’t have any sun protection due to its function for a digital purposes. But then again, you cannot take foundation’s sun protection seriously. You need a real sunscreen under your makeup. 


All in all, MUFE Ultra HD Foundation is an amazing product. I love it so much and definitely will repurchase when it’s finished. With the wide range of shades, I believe the foundation can cater everybody’s skin well. It sits comfortably on my skin, feels like second skin in fact. Love the finish that did not feel sticky or balmy but not powdery on the other side. It’s just right.
Please pardon my excitement because I love this product so much hahaha.. Have you tried them? If yes, please share your thoughts on it on the comment box below.


Have a great week gorgeous people! Who’s excited that we’re going to have a mid week break this week? 


Cheers,


Stef


4 comments:

  1. Hi kak Stef!
    ini gak terlalu matte ya kak hasil akhirnya?
    aku lagi mau cari yang matte finish sih soalnya.
    Btw aku udah follow blog kamu, followback aku yaa :)

    Rona Permata// beautyveller.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rona, hasilnya ga sampe matte banget, tapi buat aku oil controlnya oke kok. Karena kulit aku agak kering, jadi kalau pake yang matte banget malah suka terlihat patchy muka nya. MUFE Ultra HD ini pas aja finish nya menurutku. Kamu coba dulu aja di counter, see if you like the texture and the coverage. Mungkin bisa diakalin juga sama primer yang mattifying klo kamu maunya matte sekali.

      Delete
  2. Pingiiin beliii aakkkk tapi mehong hahah masih mahasiswa maklum ._.

    http://magellanictivity.blogspot.co.id

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe iya agak premium harganya, tapi hasilnya ga mengecewakan kok :)

      Delete