Thursday, March 31, 2016

Review - Marc Jacobs The Sofia Le Marc Collection



Hello gorgeous!

How are you today? I hope you guys are doing well and in a healthy and good condition. The first quarter of 2016 is over and I honestly quite overwhelmed with the amount of things which had happened during this first quarter. Life has been quite hectic with family affairs and I’m so glad that it seems everything is calming down now. Because it means I can dedicate more time for this blog and also to keep on writing the review I’ve wanted to write since the beginning of the year, hurraahhh! 

So, today I’m going to review one of my Holiday Collection Haul from last December which is…. Marc Jacobs The Sofia Le Marc Collection! It’s quite late I know, but the shades in this collection is permanent, so I supposed the review will still help you who’s wanting to buy the full size lipstick.



Marc Jacobs The Sofia Le Marc Collection is a limited edition for 2015 holiday season. It consists of five petite sized Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Crèmes. Those petite lipsticks are tucked inside a black patent leather pouch with Marc Jacobs embossed on the front side. It is a beautiful gift because you can get the luxurious and classic feel from the black leather pouch and velvet covered plastic that holds the lipsticks. This set is inspired from Sofia Coppola, the filmmaker, hence the name, The Sofia.



The shades of the lipstick are:
Infamous – Muted warm pink
Dashing – Red with cool undertone
So Sofia – Bright coral red
Boy Gorgeous – Magenta red
Blow – Deep burgundy


The texture of the lip crème is creamy with a semi matte finish. It is very pigmented, you only need one or two swipes to get a full coverage on the lips. All of them do not contain shimmer, 100% creamy lipstick. Make sure that you have smooth lips or apply lip balm if you have dry lips so that the dry patches won’t be accentuated much. Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Crème enriched with peptides to plump the lips and also meranti and cocoa butter to hydrate the lips even more. Thanks to that, it did not make my lips dry or patchy. It lasted for a good 4 hours without eating and drinking. The bolder colors will stay longer on the lips even after you already drink or eating (unless you eat a very oily food).

Here are the swatches of the five Le Marc Lip Crème:


And these are the swatches on the whole face:





 
Out of the five, my favorite will be Infamous (love love love the muted pink that is perfect for any occasion) and Blow (simply because I never owned a lipstick with this shade and it just sooo edgy for me hahaha)

This lipstick set is such a good deal because with the price I paid, I get to try different shades. The bonus leather pouch did not hurt either ;) As for the quality, I’m impressed with the long lasting and how pigmented these lipsticks are. I tried the Marc Jacobs New Nudes Sheer Lip Gel and love it as well. Below is the comparison between the full sized Marc Jacobs Lipstick and the petite sized one.



Have you tried Marc Jacobs lipstick before? Please leave a comment below if you have and what do you think about it.

Cheers,
Stef

No comments:

Post a Comment