Sunday, September 13, 2015

Marc Jacobs New Nudes Sheer Lip Gel in Role Play



Hello September!! For other people on the other side of the world, September is the start of Fall season, when the cool breeze wind started to blow, the leaves started to turn yellow or brown. But it is a hot and dry season here in my country, Indonesia. My skin has been really dry lately because of the weather. I get some dry patchy spots on my nose and cheeks due to it and I have to remind myself to chug in more water to hydrate my body. I hope my fellow readers in Indonesia do the same too. 

Today, I want to share my recent favorite lipstick for daily look. Marc Jacobs New Nudes Sheer Lip Gel in Role Play. I was unaccustomed to nude lips or nude lip products because I thought that nude lips will never suit me because my complexion is already light and pale. I don’t need nude colors; I need bright colors to enhance my look. Nude eyes is one thing, but nude lips? Never in a million year have I wanted to try it. But then, I realized, nude color is not only pale beige color like what Kim Kardashian loves to wear. There are various colors of nude and we can select the one that suits our skin tone. 



I decided that nude color for me is dusty medium rose with beige or brown hint. My quest on collecting nude lipstick started with Tom Ford Indian Rose and then continued with Beauty Story Samantha (you can see the review here and here). I heard that Marc Jacobs New Nudes Sheer Lip Gel is amazing; I did some reading of the reviews on beauty blogs and put it in my wish list. It was not something that I really eager to get because it is not limited edition and even Sephora here doesn’t have it. But one day, I was browsing through a bazaar and stumbled upon one booth selling USA make up products. And there it is, that pretty beige case, sitting on top of the booth counter. It was the last stock and of course swatching it on your hand is not allowed. So, I quickly googled the swatches and thought, it might be a great nude and everyday lip color. Now, I’m really glad that baby came home with me because I love it so much.

The packaging is a sturdy plastic with magnet cap. It is the same packaging like the other Marc Jacobs lipstick but in a different color. The color is creamy medium beige; I supposed to represent the nude theme and I honestly falling in love with the packaging alone. It is just beautiful! It is simple, chic, and I love the magnet cap. The shape is perfect, with an elegant curve instead of round or squared edges. The packaging itself makes me want to take it out of my makeup bag and just adore or playing with it on my hand. 


 
The lipstick? Is ah-may-zing! The texture is gel like and it is creamy. The lipstick covers your lips well with a gel-ish creamy finish. It plumps your lips and gives an appropriate gloss. The bullet color in the tube is quite different when you apply it on your lips. I thought the color is going to be deeper; like what I see in the tube. But surprisingly it is sheerer, similar like my own lips. It is like THE nude color I am searching for! I also like how the bullet’s shape too, it has curves instead of sharp pointy bullet like other lipstick. 



The lipstick contains Monoi butter to help moisture the lips and Myrrh extract with vitamin E to reduce sign of aging including vertical fine lines. True to the ingredients, the lipstick does not make my lips dry at all. It has a light scent of vanilla which not overwhelming at all and you will not notice it few minutes after application. The staying power is not so good though, it usually lasts on my lips for about 2-3 hours. What I don’t understand is after 2-3 hours, the lipstick’s color will just disappear on my lips as if it is absorbed by my lips. I thought I ate it hahaha.. But when I wipe my lips with a tissue, I could see the color transfers to the tissue. That is really weird. The bottom line is, you need to reapply your lipstick in 2-3 hours after each application. So for you who is searching for a long lasting lipstick and would like your lipstick to stay put no matter what you do, maybe this is not the lipstick that you are looking for.  As for me, I don’t mind at all to reapply my lip color all day because it means I get to play with it often. 


Marc Jacobs New Nudes Sheer Lip Gel is a wonderful lipstick and I believe it’s a must have nude lipstick in your vanity. There is nothing I don’t like about this lipstick, it is simply one of my favorite lipsticks now. I’m eyeing on Understudy and Eat Cake shades to add to my collection. 

At the meantime, I wanted to show you all a comparison between Marc Jacobs Role Play and Tom Ford Indian Rose. Below you can see the swatches of both lipsticks and how they look on my FOTD.  Role Play looks more to the brown side than Indian Rose while the latter is more to dusty medium rose. When applied, Role Play looks more nude and transparent than Indian Rose, creating a perfect nude look for me. They don’t share the similar texture. Role Play finish is a bit glossy and could hide my lips’ fine lines. Indian Rose on the other hand, has a satin finish thus accentuate my fine lines more than Role Play. I stated on my Indian Rose review that it has a waxy plasticy scent, but now I know better that it is actually its signature vanilla scent. The scent is definitely stronger than Role Play has. As for staying power, Indian Rose wins because it usually lasted up to 4 hours on me. Nevertheless, both are such a beauty and I love them both!





No lipstick


Wow, this is a quite lengthy post. But I do hope you still enjoy reading it! Please share with me your favorite nude lipstick and tell me why. I have a feeling that this will not be my last nude lipstick to collect hahaha.. so I welcome any recommendation from you :)

Cheers,
Stefi.


No comments:

Post a Comment