Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Sariayu Masker Ketan Hitam



Last week, I helped my in laws with their shop. The shop is located on the side of an extremely busy main street, so the dust and air pollution is really bad. Not to mention the hot weather lately, I felt my skin acted out a bit with some spots of redness here and there. I love facial mask and I believe we all need to spare a little time from our busy day to do one facial mask session at least once a week to nourish our skin. Lucky, I saved Masker Ketan Hitam  for the last one to try because a facial mask with antioxidant is exactly what I need to rejuvenate my skin. 



I still remember some old times when I was still living in my parent's house. We lived in a housing complex where you could find a lot of street food vendors going around the complex every day. On the weekends, my family usually will buy two kinds of food, Soto Ayam and Black Sticky Rice/Mung Bean Porridge. I am not a fan of soto, so usually I will choose the porridge. I would just eat the black sticky rice part and leave the mung bean for my mom or dad hahaha..
Anyone here like Black Sticky Rice porridge? Apparently Ketan Hitam or Black Sticky Rice can do as facial mask too. 


The mask color is light grey and it goes darker when I mixed it with the rose water. It doesn’t have weird smell but one thing for sure, it doesn’t smell like the black sticky rice porridge hahaha..
The texture and the consistency are smoother than Beras Putih but not as smooth as Beras Merah. It has black speckles in it which I assumed is the ground black sticky rice.  It did not dry as quickly as Beras Merah, the picture below was taken after 5 minutes application because I have to do something first. You can see the mask was not dry yet and there were only small dry spots on my face. 

It has the same cooling effect like Beras Merah and I’m starting to wonder if it’s actually the masks or the rose water that gives the cooling effect. The mask felt a bit balmy and hugged my face smoothly. I did not experience the tightness until the last minutes when the mask was getting really dry on my face.

Because it doesn’t dry quickly, I gave the mask 20 minutes before I cleaned them away. The mask claimed to be able to shrink pores but unfortunately it did not work on me. I did feel the mask moisturized my skin better than Beras Merah did. My skin felt plumped due to it and looked fresher.

So, which one is my favorite from those three masks?
I would say Masker Ketan Hitam is the winner because I like how the mask moistures my skin and it seemed to be able to calm my skin better than the other two. I am a bit disappointed with Beras Merah because in my opinion, it did not deliver what it claimed, which is to moisturize the skin.
Alrighty! This is the end of the trilogy review of Sariayu masks. It was a fun experience trying those masks. I don’t remember when the last time I used powder mask. Have you tried them now? Which one is your favorite?

Cheers,
Stef

No comments:

Post a Comment