Sunday, September 20, 2015

Sulwhasoo Basic Essential Kit



Hello gorgeous! As I promised before on my instagram account a few weeks ago, I will share my experience in trying Sulwhasoo basic skincare set. I am grateful I got the chance to try Sulwhasoo basic skincare set. I got mine from Sulwhasoo counter a while ago by reposting their picture on my account. It is a small sample, honestly it did not enough for me to give or show you considerable changes on my skin since the application of the skincare. But at least, by using it for 1-2 weeks, I could try and see if it agrees with my skin. I have not changed my skincare for the last 5 years. Yes, there are some trial here and there, but I always come back to my basic skincare which is from SK II (you can read my skincare regime here). But now, along with my beauty addiction adding up, I have more knowledge about more products worth to try. 

Sulwhasoo has been capturing my interest with its holistic approach skincare by not only using natural ingredients but they also pay attention on the method of the production; a Korean traditional heritage.


The set contains of a sachet of Gentle Cleansing Foam, a sachet of First Activating Care Serum, a vial of Essential Balancing Water, and a vial of Essential Balancing Emulsion. The cleanser and the serum lasted for 5 days (used twice a day) and the vials lasted for around 2 weeks (used twice a day). Please note that the duration here is what I experienced and I have small face so I did not have to put a lot amount of product on my face.   
 
I follow the instructions inside the packaging of the kit. 


First, I started with cleansing my face with the cleansing foam. It is in clear liquid form and I usually created the foam by adding a little bit of water after I dispensed it on my hand. Lather it all over your face and neck then rinse with water. I am happy that the cleansing foam did not make my skin dry. 

After preparing my skin with SK II Facial Clear Lotion as a toner, I continued it with the First Activating Care Serum, which is their best seller. The serum is a boosting serum that claims can boost up your other skincare products to its optimal result. It is said that it helps to maintain your skin moisture and balance it so your other skincare will be absorbed optimally by the skin. The serum color is golden brown and the texture is light. Apply it to your face and massage your face a little bit and warm it up by wrapping your face with your palm at the end of the application.

The next step is the Essential Balancing Water that acts as balancer and delivers deep hydration. I love how it felt on my skin. The gel-like texture is absorbed by my skin well, leaving it so hydrated and I felt that it soothe my skin down. 

The last step is Essential Balancing Emulsion. This is a moisturizer that is formulated with Korean herbs to make a softer and smoother skin. It is a very light moisturizer; the texture is not creamy, it glides and absorbed easily by the skin too. But even though it’s light, my skin felt soft and hydrated well after the application. You can add another layer of moisturizer if you felt that the emulsion is not enough to hydrate your skin. 


All of the products mentioned have herbal ginseng-ey scent that I found lovely. It is calming and soothing. But I understand that not everybody fond of a scent (or an herbal scent) in their skincare, especially when you have a sensitive skin.  I would suggest to trying them out first on the counter or asking for some samples to bring home. 

So, what is the verdict? I love it!
I am very glad that my skin did not acting out and no breakout at all during the trial *phewww*. My skin felt soft and smooth during the trial. It is a great basic skincare set which you can tweak here and there by adding other products such as serums or moisturizers to layer around. It will work wonderfully for you who have normal to combination skin. Will I purchase the full size products? I might, maybe after I finished my current skincare. 

Last week, Sulwhasoo just launched their newly improved First Activating Care Serum EX. Unfortunately, I did not have the time to go there and try them out. It is said that its new formula is able to deliver better results due to the upgraded JAUM Balancing ComplexTM with Sulwhasoo’s proprietary technology to take the benefits of medicinal herbs to a higher level.
Anybody has tried the basic essential care yet? If yes, kindly let me know how it works for you. Have a wonderful Sunday, peeps!! *kisses*

Cheers,
Stefi

No comments:

Post a Comment