Saturday, September 26, 2015

The Soap Corner - Brush Best Friend Soap



Hello hello gorgeous people! How are you today? I cannot believe that September is almost over! How fast the time flies.. Am I the only one who feels it? I wish I have a time saving device like in Doraemon comic book, so I can save time and when I feel that I need more time then I’ll just take it from the device. Well, I don’t have a time saving device in my hand now, but I have a product that can save time in cleaning your makeup tools. The Soap Corner is a local brand from Indonesia that sells Brush Cleaners, Natural Handmade Soaps (liquid and bar), and Essential Oils. Not only that they are made from natural ingredients, all of their products are also free from SLS/SLES and Paraben. No doubt that their products are definitely safe for your skin. 


The Soap Corner Brush Best Friend Soap is a wonderful cleaner that can be used for brushes, sponges, makeup clothes, etc. It is 100% made of natural ingredients with olive oil and essential oil blends to make your brushes and sponge clean spic and span. The soap is liquid form and comes in different sizes; 60ml (flip top bottle), 250ml, and 500ml (both of them with pump). I purchased the 250ml with the pump. The Soap Corner has a tutorial on their website, showing how to use the soap to clean your brushes. You can see it here


 
I usually use 3 pumps of soap, diluted in one pint of water, and then dip my dirty brushes inside the soap water. I swirl them several times and shake them inside the water before I took them out. After that, I took another pump of soap and make suds out of it. I started to lather the suds to the brushes and clean them one by one by swishing and twirling them on my palm. When my brushes are extremely dirty, I will clean them twice to make sure they are really clean. When there are no more colors (foundations, blushes, eye shadows) coming out of the brushes, I rinse them under a running water. 

As for sponges or puffs, I usually clean it by wetting the sponge and lather it with the soap suds while squeezing and rubbing the sponge gently. I will do it until the sponge is clean from any stain or dirt.
After rinsing, I squeeze the brushes with a towel to remove excess water and lay them out on a flat surface with nothing under the heads, so the bristles can get a good air circulation to dry. Do not dry them with the heads facing upwards. Instead of drying the brushes, the water can seep in to the brushes’ body and loosen the glue that holds the bristle. The ideal way to dry them up is actually by facing the head downwards, so the water will runs down. There’s a tool that you can use to hold the brushes, it is called brush tree. It has been on my wish list for quite a while and I would love to have one. I think it will brush cleaning much more fun!

Picture taken from Beautylish web

I do the same thing with sponges and puffs, I will squeeze it with a towel so not so much water will be left inside it. Then, I will lay the sponge on top of a dry towel and let it dry. 

Before, look at the dirty brushes and sponge. After, they are amazingly clean and fresh, ready to do their duties again. 

The brushes smell good and clean due to the essential oil blend that they put in the soap. I can smell Tea Tree oil on them. If it’s true, then it is wonderful because it has anti bacterial function. God knows how many bacteria that stays in dirty brushes or sponge. 

Cleaning your brushes means they are going to look a bit puffy or out of shape after they dry. You can invest on Brush Guard. It is something you can use to help the brushes back to their normal shape or protect the brushes from getting out of shape (it is very useful when you bring your brushes while you are travelling and don’t have a place to store your brush safely). You can see the brush tree picture and see that the brushes are covered by brush guard. If you don’t have a Brush Guard, maybe you could try my trick. After the brush is dry, you can wrap them with a tissue and wait for 6 hours to take it off or at least until the brushes back in shape. Now, they are ready to go back to their duties again. 


Another short review for The Soap Corner is their Charcoal Tea Tree Bar Soap. I actually forgot why I chose this soap. I supposed it’s because it is the first time for me to see a black soap. Yes, black soap! The soap is made of activated charcoal mixed with tea tree essential oil, hence the color. It has the tea tree scent, which I love because it gives me that clean and hygienic feels when I inhale it. Did you know that activated charcoal works well for acne prone skin because it can suck the toxins out? Not to mention the anti bacteria function that Tea Tree Oil has, this combo is match made in heaven. I do not have acne prone skin on my face, but my back is. I used it as body soap and lather it all over my back (it’s not an easy task if you ask me) and it helped my back heal from small zits attack. I tried to use it on my face too, but I did not notice any changes because well, my face is in normal condition. The suds color is light grey-ish and it did not make my skin dry but it did not moisture it either (of course laaa, this is a soap for acne prone skin).


You can see the list of the ingredients on the picture, all from natural ingredients and very safe for your skin. I will repurchase my Brush Best Friend Soap again and again because it works wonder for my brushes and sponges. I even use it to clean my shoes and amaze on how spotless my shoes become. A great product indeed! Love it!

Cheers,
Stef

No comments:

Post a Comment