Friday, October 16, 2015

Bifesta Cleansing Lotion Age Care



Bifesta cleansing lotion is a facial cleanser from Japan. The first time I heard about it is from my dear friend, a makeup junkie just like me. She is Korean and she raves about this product as the best cleansing lotion that she ever had and that it is very famous in Japan and Korea.



You can find Bifesta in supermarkets that sell imported goods such as Food Hall or Grand Lucky.
It has 4 variants, Age Care, Sebum, Bright Up, and Moist. While I’m very interested to try Moist, but I could not find it anywhere here yet.
I chose Age Care mainly because well, I am 30 now and would prefer products that can help me fight the pace of aging :D





The cleansing lotion texture is liquid. If you ever tried micellar water such as Bioderma, you will know. If you haven't tried, it’s watery. The color of the lotion is milky, like when you dilute milk with a lot of water. There is a slight scent which I don't know what but it is not disturbing.

How to use? Prepare a cotton pad and pump out the product one time on the cotton pad. I made a beginner mistake by pumping it 3 times, afraid that I will not have enough products on the cotton pad. But I was wrong. Instead cleaning my face well, it made my face felt sticky. So, now I will just use one pump at a time.
Wipe your makeup with the cotton pad gently. When the cotton pad is dirty, change it with the new one. When I have full makeup (foundation, eye shadows, mascara, etc), I will usually spend 3 cotton pads (I use both sides) to get a clean face. 

For illustration, you can see how I cleanse my eye using Bifesta. That is how one swipe did to the makeup. It already removes most of the makeup. I'm using waterproof mascara (DiorShow mascara and it’s really tough to remove even with cleansing oil) and waterproof eyeliner. And the last picture is the end result of the cleansing process. The mascara was not fully removed but it’s still ok. The cleansing power is good; it can lift the makeup well without tugging your skin.



I have sensitive eyes and sometimes when I use eye makeup remover; it stings my eyes and will leave my eyeballs red. But Bifesta did not. My eyes are clean without any redness in my eyeballs.
The only downside is that Bifesta Cleansing Lotion leaves a little bit of sticky feeling on my skin even though I only use one pump at a time. I wonder is it because the one that I picked is the Age Care, so it tries to maintain your skin moisture by doing that. I noticed that if my makeup is not too heavy, it did not feel too sticky afterwards. But unfortunately, I haven’t got the chance to try the other variants and I am not a fan of sticky face even just a little bit, especially when it comes to cleaning your face. So, I usually will splash water on my face after I cleanse my face with Bifesta Age Care or wash my face with facial wash again to make sure it did not leave any residue on my face. Thankfully, the cleansing lotion did not make my skin act out.

For me, a clean face is a must before going to bed. Better if you can slap on some night skincare on too. But cleansing your face only with cleansing water or lotion is not an option for me because somehow I feel that it did not really thoroughly cleanse my face. But for some people, cleansing water or lotion is their go to products when they don’t have time to double cleanse, especially when they have a long day and just want to crash the bed immediately. So, try to find the cleansing water or lotion that can deliver that level of cleanliness that you want. Nowadays, I usually use Bifesta Age Care to wipe my makeup off before I exercise or damp a cotton bud to erase my mistakes when I’m doing my makeup.

Will I repurchase Bifesta? Maybe not because I still want to venture on some other cleansing water or lotion and find which one fits me more. What is your favorite cleansing water or lotion? Please share with me.

Cheers,
Stef

No comments:

Post a Comment