Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Halloween Makeup - Vampire Look

Helloooo again gorgeous!
As you all know, October is Halloween month anddd Halloween is an event where once in a year all the makeup artist go full throttle and all out in squeezing their each drop of creativity to look spooky, scary, or even magnificent. I love browsing through Instagram; using #halloweenmakeup #halloweenmakeupideas #halloweenmakeupinspiration #halloweenmakeuplook and looking at all those amazing makeup.  

This Halloween, I finally collect my courage to do a Halloween makeup look. I never dare to make one before because I thought that I will never be able to do those things (especially the ones with special effects and all). But then I really wanted to do something different on my blog other than just reviewing products, so I took the chance and just do it. 


The look I created is a vampire look. I chose this because it's the infamous Halloween look that has been done by many people in the world, so I could get as many references aka tutorials as I could. I love watching those tutorials because it amazes me how those makeup artists or makeup gurus able to transform their faces into something totally different by just using makeup. You should’ve seen my face reaction when I watched those Halloween tutorials. I was like woowww.. ooohhh… aahhhh.. being awed by their skills painting their faces :D 

One tutorial that particularly inspired me is from Michelle Phan's. It's an old video from 6 years ago where she did a tutorial about a seductive vampire look. Click here for the video link
I will not giving you a Halloween makeup tutorial in this post, but only going to describe what I did when I did my makeup, so it’s more into the basics that you need to remember if you wanted to make similar look. Ok, let’s start now.

  • Prep your skin with your usual skincare routine. Make sure that your skin is toned and moisturized before you put any makeup on.
  • Vampire skin is pale and smooth. Remember to use a primer (a pore perfecting primer) before you apply foundation to achieve that poreless and smooth vampire look. As for the pale shade, use a foundation that is 2-3 times lighter than your usual shade. I mixed my foundation with a white foundation cream to get a lighter shade. Apply the foundation onto your neck too to avoid looking like you’re wearing a mask.
  • Don’t forget to shade and highlight your face. Vampires usually have defined cheekbones, jaws, and nose bridges.
  • No blush needed. Have you ever saw Edward Cullen cheeks flushed??
  • Black eyeliner is a must. Period.
  • No false lashes unless you are trying to be a vampire doll or vampire Barbie.
  • Fangs are optional. With or without you will still look pretty *smooch* 
 





Products that I used are the following:

Benefit The Porefessional Primer
Shu Uemura Lightbulb Foundation shade 764
PAC Creamy Foundation in White
Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol III shade Rockstar and Last Call
Urban Decay Naked On The Run Palette shade Fix (to contour) and Dare (for the eyes)
Stila Chocolate Palette (using the dark brown color for the eyes)
Shu Uemura Eyebrow Pencil Hard Formula 9 in Seal Brown
Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Zero
Dior Diorshow Waterproof Mascara
IOPE Colorfit Lipstick No.18 Classic Red (I mixed it with the black eyeliner to achieve a darker red on the lips)
Kawaii Angel Circle Lens in Gray

As this is my first attempt on doing a Halloween makeup, so please forgive me if there are a lot of flaws here and there. I should’ve worn a lighter shade of lens to really give a good contrast on the eyes makeup because that’s actually is all about for this look. But I supposed this lens will do too. I did not contour my face bolder and as a result, my face is not defined and chiseled enough. But nevertheless, I had a great time creating this look and having fun with it. 

This vampire look is pretty easy to make and I think is very versatile too. You can tone it down a notch and it can become your going-on-a-party smokey eye kind of look. 

I’m actually preparing another Halloween look for this year and hopefully I can post it on time here on my blog. The clue? It involved a wig and another circle lens. I hope you enjoy reading this post and get inspired to do Halloween makeup too. What is your Halloween makeup this year? Who is your favorite makeup artist or your favorite Halloween makeup look this year? If you did a Halloween makeup, please say Hi to me on my IG and I will check on yours.

Cheers,

Stef


1 comment: