Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Halloween Look - Porcelain Doll (Pretty, Broken, and Hollow Eyed)


Hello everybody! It’s me again here.. back with my Halloween Look part II. 

This time, I try to recreate a porcelain doll from pretty one to hollow eyed doll. Porcelain doll sometimes gives me a creep with their big eyes and well their eyes basically. I was inspired by BJD dolls too. BJD stands for Ball Jointed Dolls. The dolls are very beautifully made with human like appearance. I was trying to achieve that kind of look, but of course the plan on my mind and my makeup ability is not synchronized. So, this is the best porcelain doll look that I can make so far. It’s my first time creating it too, so I don’t have any comparison actually hahaha..

Sooo gorgeous!! Pic from here
My hollow eyed look inspired by Lex from Madeyewlook. Check her youtube account, you can find other tutorials from creepy one to cute one such as emoji makeups. She’s awesome!  

Before all that makeup magic


I spent 3 hours for creating this look, a lot longer than the previous vampire makeup. Simply because at first, I don’t know what to do hahaha.. So after finished putting on my base makeup, I was like uhmmmm, what should I do next? I watched doll makeup tutorials but I was really nervous that I’m going to make a mistake and ruin my whole look, so I literally just stopped and stared at my reflections on the mirror. I tried to watch some makeup tutorials again to help me gain my confident back and started to work on the look.
Same as the previous post, I will not give a tutorial on the look because my makeup technique is down beyond par the others and still need a lot of improvement. But, I will give you some important notes that could help you create this look. I did photoshopped my face a little bit which is removing all my moles to achieve the porcelain skin. But the other parts are real makeup, no photoshopped or even beauty camera.

Sssshhh!! Don't tell anyone that I will come to play

 
  • Primer before makeup. Porcelain doll has porcelain skin which is smooth and poreless. A pore perfecting primer to cover your pores will be an excellent choice for this look.

  • Thin or natural eyebrows. A gentle stroke with your eyebrow pencil to define your eyebrows. A porcelain doll should look delicate not fierce.

  • White eyeliner to make your eyes look bigger.

  • Take out your fabulous lush falsies to play. This time, we go big. Upper lashes and lower lashes should have falsies to achieve that dolly eyes.

  • Go crazy with your circle lens too. The bigger the better.

  • Shading and highlighting is always on the game. Contour your nose, philtrum (upper lips area), and chin.

  • A rosy lips and cheeks to complement the look





Now, some points for making the creepier porcelain doll look.

  • Practice your crack drawing before hand to make sure your cracks look real. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes, a cotton bud with makeup remover can always solve the problem. I use liquid eyeliner to create the cracks.

  • Cover your lips with foundation and use black eyeshadow to make a dark gradient lips. If its not dark enough, add black eyeliner on your inner lips.

  • To create sunken eyes, swipe black eyeshadow around the hollow of your eyes. Don’t forget to blend it well.

  • To create hollow eyed, use your black eyeliner all over your eyelid and lower eyes with the guidance of that hollow part of your eyes. Blend it with black eyeshadow to create an illusion that your eyes are hollow.

  • Took off your all your falsies when you take picture of the hollow eyed look because errr no eyes means no falsies, rite?

Products that I used:

Benefit The Porefessional Primer
Shu Uemura Lightbulb Foundation shade 764
PAC Creamy Foundation in White
Beauty Story Luminous Primer
Shu Uemura Eyebrow Pencil Hard Formula in Seal Brown
Etude House Color My Brow shade No. 4 Natural Brown
Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Zero
Urban Decay Naked On The Run Palette shade Fix (to contour) and Dare (for the eyes)
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Perversion (black color)
Eyeko Eye Do Liquid Eyeliner
Make Over Eyeliner Pencil in White Techno
Etude House Cookie Blusher in Marshmallow Pink
Colourpop Lippiestix in Fetch
Make Up Forever Artist Plexi Gloss No.201
No brand falsies that I bought in Bangkok
Kawaii Angel Circle Lens in Gray (bought from Kawai Gankyu)
Kimiko Wig in Coffee Brown (bought from Pinokobeauty)

That’s all I guess. I had so much fun creating this look and my sister helped take pictures of me. I supposed it’s not that scary when it’s daytime but I don’t think I will do it on night time hahahaha..

Creepy Dolls can have fun too ;)
Which Halloween makeup that you like more? The vampire look or this porcelain doll look?
Are you ready for Halloween now?? Cannot wait for next Halloween to create more fun and creepy look.

Cheers,

Stef


3 comments:

  1. Hahaha, had fun today, hollow eyed doll! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. huwaa yg cracked keren banget!

    xx
    vina #starclozetter
    pinapina.net

    ReplyDelete